Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Wisdom Teeth Are OUT!

Well, this morning I had the oral surgery and had all four of them removed. The experience wasn't terrifying, except for the gas part. It wasn't necessarily "Terrifying!", but very strange. I was feeling absolutely fine, a little light-headed, until I suddenly realized I couldn't feel my feet or hands, or my whole body in fact. Billy was in the room as they put me to sleep, and he said it seemed like I kind of panicked, because my heart rate spiked. The nurse asked me if I was ok, and that it was fine to breath through my mouth to ease off of the gas a little. So I did and the feeling returned a little, enough for me to feel a slight pinch in my arm as the doctor put in the i.v. I didn't even feel the medicine go in, and actually, I don't remember much after that. The nurse and Billy helping to the car is something I vaguely remember. He stopped at Hardees or something to get me a milkshake. He said when he looked at me while we were in the car I had drool/blood running down my chin haha!

Drinking that milkshake was the most awkward experience ever, since my lips and chin were completely numb. Billy had a good laugh, since every time he looked at me I had milkshake pouring down my face XD

Unfortunately, the numbness is really starting to fade now, and all I can taste is blood. The pain is slowly creeping in, and, to be honest, the only reason I'm on here relaying my experience is to distract me from it! I took a vicodin with the milkshake, so Billy expected me to still be asleep. But I think the pain woke me up. Wow, all four teeth at once! I mean, I'm glad to have it all over with, but this is going to suck!


Hey, where's my applesauce?! I'm starvin' here! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment