Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jillian Michaels Cardio & Strength Training All-in-One

So I noticed that I've started developing a "pooch". I absolutely loathe this thing. On my Cable network, there's an entire FreeZone and part of that is a Health & Fitness section. I was pleased to find some Jillian Michaels workout videos and decided to try one out. The one I tried was a fast-paced, no resting circuit that's about 20 minutes long. And it absolutely kicked my butt. I used 5 lb weights and ended up straining my left bicep muscle. I couldn't straighten my arm for the next 3 days!

Now, to give you some background on myself, I'm 22 years old, 5'3", 102 lbs, and have an athletic build (my way of saying I have small boobs lol). I play ice hockey in a local men's league. It's not like I'm that out of shape, but for some reason I strained my muscle with only 5 lbs! Sad really...

Well, that was a couple weeks ago, and I feel like everything's healed up. I did the workout again yesterday but instead of weights used Wii remote controls LOL. I've decided to take it slower this time, and build up my muscle a little more before just jumping into it. There are push-ups included in the workout so my biceps are still getting worked. It's just really weird how weak my upper body is! 5 POUNDS?! Really??

But besides that, her workouts are really awesome, and the one I did still kicked my butt, even without weights. I definitely know that if I'm going to do this, though, I'm going to have to increase my calorie intake. I don't need to lose weight, but I need to gain muscle. I guess this is why I've been craving eggs and potatoes like crazy :P

No comments:

Post a Comment